Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Home home on the range

I consistently read around 10 blogs every day (the majority of which are wedding blogs, go figure). The one that has never changed since the beginning of my obsession with blogs is The Kitchn. Every day they gather four unique recipes from other foodie blogs from around the web. They also post interesting articles about chefs across the country, what is in season at the markets, new kitchen gadgets and kitchen remodeling. One of today's posts on The Kitchn was all about having the range on the kitchen island. I repeatedly tell Joe that in my dream kitchen in my dream home I would have one wish that would be at the top of the list...a gas range in the middle of the kitchen island. It would be situated so that I could be cooking while easily entertaining and not missing any fun conversations (hello, I want to be in the loop). The island would also have a long ledge in which visitors could pull up a stool and chat with me over a glass of chardonnay. Why oh why would I choose to have my range facing the wall and socially excluding myself from the party? I also would have to have the range be gas because in my own humble opinion, it is the best way to cook. I live in Missouri, the show me state, I have to see that gas flame to figure out what temperature I am cooking at. The orange electric rings just don't cut it for me.

In your dream kitchen would you like to have your range on the island too? I sure hope so because I don't want to be gossiping to your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment