Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sauce on the Side

I tried Clayton's new calzone place today and I was pleasantly surprised.  I had heard good things, but I was skeptical.  The restaurant is in a pretty ugly building next to Quiznos, but the interior was actually pretty sharp (and clean!). 

Like the name suggests, their menu is full of different calzone options, and instead of filling the calzones with sauce that runs all over the place as you try to eat it, they give you the sauce in a cup on the side for you to pour/dip at your leisure.  Delicious and neat!

 I had planned to get the "Meat me in St. Louis" calzone (you can guess the main ingredients of that one) but I quickly changed my mind when I read the monthly special - The "Cock A Doodle Noodle"... Mozzarella, Provel, chicken, green onions, pancetta and Macaroni and cheese, with a side sauce of buffalo butter sauce.


It was amazing!  I ate the whole thing!  And if you are curious, the buffalo butter sauce was just a creamier/buttery version of buffalo sauce (it reminded me of the buffalo sauce at CBW, but a little thicker).

Hurry to Sauce on the Side to try the special before September ends!  Trust me...there is always next month to try the regular menu items.

No comments:

Post a Comment